Support for IPv6 is currently being added to LwIP. An experimental version can be downloaded from git.
The current implementation allows for a dual IPv4/IPv6 stack. IPv6 support is enabled through #define LWIP_IPV6 1 in lwipopts.h.
Although still in development stages, the implementation supports:
- IPv6 layer, parallel to IPv4
- Support in TCP/UDP/RAW pcbs
- Support in Netconn API
- Support in Socket API
- Neighbor Discovery
- Multicast Listener Discovery
- Stateless address autoconfiguration
- IPv6 fragmentation and reassembly
- Ethernet IF using ND
IPv6 addresses are specified using the ip6_addr_t define in ip6_addr.h.